NEW ORLEANS —City Park will reopen some of its attractions and amenities beginning Saturday.
The park is reopening its amenities under guidance from the city of New Orleans, which is allowing phase one of eased coronavirus restrictions to begin this weekend.
Phase one means some businesses — restaurants, gyms and outdoor recreation spaces — can reopen under guidelines that still allow for social distancing. The city is still focused on slowing the spread of the coronavirus.
City Park leaders said Thursday that capacity at attractions will be limited and people who are ill or have been exposed to COVID-19 should remain at home.
Tickets will also be sold online. Click here for more information.
Here’s a look at what is reopening at City Park:
- Oscar J. Tolmas Visitor Center
- City Park tennis complex, City Putt mini golf, Bayou Oaks, sports fields and the Wheel Fun boat and bike rentals on Big Lake.
- Storyland and other park playgrounds
- New Orleans Botanical Garden
- Cafe Du Monde and snowball stands
“We invite guests to use the attractions responsibly and continue to maintain the guidelines set by the CDC. We are so grateful to the people who love City Park and to those who have donated money during this time,” said Bob Becker, City Park CEO.
See the segment on WDSU-TV’s website.